Thursday, August 30, 2012

Last-minute packing, farewell food, nail polish puns.

I get on a plane in just over 52 hours.

I think the stage of "Oh, I'm actually leaving the country in two days; let me see how many things I can fit into my suitcase before it explodes" has begun. At this point, my suitcase weighs 49.6 lbs, dangerously close to the 50 lb. limit enforced by American Airlines. Living on the edge, that's me.



The past couple of weeks have been filled with friends and hugs and so many well-wishes. I got to make a trip to Hattiesburg last Friday. Childers and I left Fulton at 3:30 a.m. and drove down so that I could present my German degree capstone. I got to have Mexican lunch and sno-cones with some of my very favorite people, and even though it was a very long day (we didn't get back to Fulton until midnight-ish), it was very worth it. After taking Saturday to rest, Childers and I drove down to the coast "into the hurricane" to see Sling on Sunday. Crab leg buffet and shopping-fest occurred amidst hurricane preparations. I can't wait to see what the next year brings for all of us.

All in all, about 5 giant plates of crab legs were destroyed by our quaint little table.
I've spent the rest of my time with my family--they threw me a surprise late-birthday/going away party and had The Bakery in Tupelo make an egg-free cake for me. It was an extremely delicious chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Needless to say, it did not last long. Below it is pictured during its final moments on earth.

My sister even googled German words to write on the cake!

In other extremely important news, observe below the O-P-I nail polish collection for the Fall, the Germany collection---probably created just for me. I was especially amused by the "Don't Talk Bach To Me" shade.
So. Many. Puns. 


Off to double- and triple-check my packing lists and enjoy the last hours of Netflix (not available in Germany, apparently...) and American food---popcorn chicken and Pizza Hut are on the agenda for tomorrow and Saturday.

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment