Sunday, August 19, 2012

Only two more weeks...

I've managed to make some packing progress in the last three weeks. Suitcase is filling up; I've bought everything I need to buy pre-travel (I hope). I'm now organizing and checking things off lists and tying up loose ends at USM and in Fulton before my trip. 




I also now know my address for the time I'll be in Bonn. I'll be living in a little apartment a block or two away from the river, on Pariserstraße--Paris Street--which is apparently quiet and in a nice part of town. I'll have my own bathroom and kitchenette, and I'm within a block or two of several stores and restaurants. 

Below is a quote from a novel on my list of books that I'm dying to read this year, aptly describing these last weeks before my trip. I'm anxious, but so very ready for an adventure. 

“You get a strange feeling when you're about to leave a place, I told him, like you'll not only miss the people you love but you'll miss the person you are now at this time and this place, because you'll never be this way ever again.” 
― Azar Nafisi, Reading Lolita in Tehran



2 comments: