Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Incredible Ireland

On (basically) a whim, after finding out that we both had long weekends from classes, my best friend (who was also studying abroad in Europe) and I decided to meet up in Ireland and spend the weekend together.

We managed to get flights into Dublin at about the same time in the afternoon, so we met up in the airport, took the bus to our hostel, and hung out for a day or two in Dublin, taking an.. okay walking tour, at least from an actual Irish person this time. (These things seem to be hit or miss, really.)

Though we were there to see Ireland, we decided to eat Thai and Mexican food, because it was 1.) there, 2.) cheap, 3.)so delicious, like in America. I was a very very happy girl. 

We also decided to take a bus tour the next day to Belfast and the Giants Causeway [AMAZING; best tour I went on the whole time I was in Europe]. I learned a lot of interesting historical/cultural things that I hadn't known before, plus, it was just absolutely gorgeous. We took a Black Taxi tour in Belfast, which focused a lot on the political history of Northern Ireland, and then got to go on a breathtakingly beautiful hike on the Giants Causeway.

I'd definitely be glad to visit again with more time, just to get to enjoy the scenery more.

Cliffs and green and nature and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment