Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A love letter to American food...


With only four-and-a-half months left until I return to the US, I decided that I should write about one of my favorite things... food. Specifically, food in America. 

A portrait of me in four-and-a-half months. 

In my experience so far, German cooking is remarkably to-the-point. Meat, potatoes, sauce, dessert. Since I'm typically allergic to dessert (thanks, eggs), and because I'm currently limiting the amount of sugar/starch that I eat until I go home (goodbye, potatoes), that doesn't leave a whole lot of room for creativity. I cook a lot, but there's no place like home.


All of that being said, here are the things I miss the most...with pictures!
This is approximately 1/10th of how many taquitos I will need
upon arrival to the US.

Aussie Cheese Fries from Outback

My dad's fried fish...they look totally better than these. 

Chicken Teriyaki. Except I want more broccoli.

Popcorn chicken and onion rings from Sonic. 

My mama's biscuits made in a cast iron skillet.

My dad's grilled hamburger steak with gravy and onions.

Pizza from Old Venice Pizza Co... Better than in *actual* Venice.

This masterpiece is from O'Charley's.

Chili's Margarita Grilled Chicken with Black Beans & Rice

Does it get any better than Red Velvet Cake?

I couldn't leave out a Mugshot's burger. Oh my goodness.

I'll take a dozen of each of these Krispy Kremes. 

Pizza Hut Dinner Box...Dinner for one.

My favorite Hershey's Creme Pie. 

Skillet queso and chips from Chili's.
Banana Splits... Oh my goodness.

I'm gonna need like twelve plates of crab legs.




1 comment: